Flagstone with Grass Joints
Bottom Line Up Front: I want to make some flagstone walkways and patios with grass joints.
1. Do I need to lay sand or use top soil?
2. If I need to use sand, can I blend it with the top soil so that it's a sandy bottom that gradually becomes more and more top soil as it gets closer to the top (drainage).
1. Currently the soil is really crappy and is hard compacted clay. I will be removing the grass and the weeds to lay good topsoil and grass.
2. I am concerned about setting and drainage issues.
3. This is my first time doing flagstone patios and walkways. I'm used to only doing lawn stuff.